Monday, July 7, 2008

Random

It's a cold night in Minnesota; the kind that makes hell freezing over sound like a welcome paradise. The heat in my house is at a minimum, and my bones are chilled to the level of a meat locker. I recently return from a trip to the twin cities; a welcome escape from the doldrum attitude of small town America, but also a welcome reminder of how busy life can be, and how unacceptably boring it currently is.I returned to the city to visit a friend, his post graduation life was one that I envied, and also provided me incentive to get my shit together. Trapped in a passive state for the last few months, it is nice to provide myself with structure, and an end goal to shoot for. I am currently at a bend in the road; about 85 degrees from normal, but I have decided to continue on the path. Recently dismissed from an accredited university. I now must rely on the school of Logan. My theories, and curriculum are a lot less complicated, i can't see myself shoving useless information down my own throat. My skills are varying, but in a set would sell for good money on ebay; if the right buyer is looking.I was never meant for the standard "college education," I am overly unconventional about the whole experience. My brain is not wired to learn in that environment. When speaking on the subject of language; immersion is the "key," but yet we still teach in classrooms, and D's still get degrees.

No comments: